The Monastery and Abbey Church
The most striking building on the island is the Monastery itself. Built between 1910 and 1912 by Anglican Benedictine monks who came to Caldey in 1906, the grade II* listed building dominates the village with its imposing white facade and red turreted roofs.
Although the Abbey itself is closed to visitors, it is still possible to see the monks during one of the two services (below) which occur around the middle of the day.
MONASTIC SERVICES - Two short monastic services take place during the visitor day, at 12.15pm (Office of Sext) and 2.20pm (Office of None), in the Abbey Church. Visitors are welcome to attend.